The much-loved 1930s Marina Pavilion in St Leonards has been renovated to become a high-quality, year-round seafront entertainment and conference venue.
The Marina Pavilion has been a landmark venue for many years, it’s location making it part of the area known as “Burton St Leonards”, named after the well known London builder James Burton, between 1827 and 1837. Burton conceived the town as a brand new seaside resort for the wealthy and it quickly became popular with royalty and the aristocracy. The famous Marine Court building opposite Azur was constructed between 1936 and 1938. It was designed to look like an ocean liner by architects Dalgleish and Pullen and, at the time was the tallest apartment block in the country.